This post is the third part of the ‘100 AdSense tips’ series. In case you forgot, some of this points are not valid anymore, thus you should be careful when applying these tips.
41. CTR isn’t everything. If your CTR is high but gives low conversion rate for the advertiser site, it will trigger AdSense smart pricing.
42. Follow good design guidelines. Avoid the common design mistakes.
43. Help your visitors by creating easy navigation. You want your visitors to stay for as long as possible.
44. Use Google Analytics to see your website statistics. It can help you optimize your site.
45. Google AdSense Heatmap works. Just above your main content is the best position to put your AdSense block
46. Forum sites have different Forum AdSense Heatmap. Best positions for AdSense for forums are: on the left panel, after the first post, and just below the last post before the footer.
47. Forum is interactive medium. Be sensitive to your visitors concerns.
48. Try 300×250 medium rectangle, 336×280 large rectangle, or 160×600 wide skyscraper ad formats. These are the best performing AdSense ad formats.
49. Choose colors that blend with your content.
50. Wrap the AdSense block around your content.
51. Put images next to or above your AdSense block can help improve your clicks-rate. Edit: take note, however, to make it clear that the images are not part of the ads. If not sure, consult AdSense support before doing this.
52. Use channels to track the performance of different format, colors, and positions.
53. Opt in for both image ads and text ads. Google will choose better performing ads for you.
54. AdSense has both CPM (cost per thousand impressions) and CPC (cost per click) ads, and will choose the one it thinks can perform better.
55. Both image ads and text ads can be either CPM or CPC.
56. Put link unit ads. They can add to the bottom line.
57. Try Google Search unit. They provide value to your visitor while adding to your bottom line.
58. Put in lots of efforts in creating contents and promoting your website. AdSense is not a get-rich-quick scheme.
59. Clear low-value links from your site. You want your visitors to exit through the ads. Put only links that are really useful for the visitors.
60. Search “AdSense Tips” on Google. Most webmasters continuously try to optimize their AdSense and many are more than willing to share their result.
The fourth part will be posted next week, so stay tuned and don’t forget to bookmark or subscribe to this blog using the subscription box at the bottom of this site.